Here is an easy fun way to make a bird feeder!
- Cardboard empty paper or toilet paper roll
- Peanut butter
- Birdseed (you can use any brand, size, or variety, but here is Pet Smart Bird Seed for under $6)
- Use the knife to spread peanut butter over the cardboard roll
- Pour the bird seed on to a plate and roll your peanut butter covered cardboard until it is completely covered with the bird seed
- Put the ribbon through the roll and then tie ends of the ribbon together in a knot. Make sure the ribbon is long enough that it will be able to hang long enough from a tree .
- Hang the roll by its ribbon on a tree. If the tree is by a window you will be able to watch your new friends enjoy their delicious snacks.
With an old pair of jean pants and a few accessories you can create new purse
- Jeans(or any other kinds of pants)
- Sewing machine or needle and thread
- a belt(or two)
- buttons, rhinestones, or other small accessories you can sew on to your purse
- fabric scissors(regular scissors will work too if you don’t have any)
- Cut off the bottom of you’re the pants you are using with scissors. You want to cut in the middle of where the pockets are and the legs of the pants. Like in the picture above. This way the purse will be the perfect size
- Sew together the open part on the bottom of the purse(so your stuff doesn’t fall out)
- For the strap use the belt and sew the two ends on the inside of the pants around the two belt loops where your hips would be
- If you want to decorate the purse you can put another belt through the belt loops and sew on ant buttons you like anywhere on the purse
In the end it will look similar to the finnished purse at the top of this post but with your own personal style!
- EXTRA if you like how the jeans look on the outside but want the inside to be softer you can do steps 1 and 2 with a softer pair of pants such as yoga pants and sew on the bottom and two sides. This way the inside of your purse will be a solid color and surface you won’t have to worry about your phone or other objects you keep in the purse getting scratched by the button or zipper
I made a purse when i was a girl scout and around 10 years old and I still use it today. This is a good activity for kids as long as you help them with the sewing by hand or machine because that could be dangerous. Kids love learning how to create something that they could use all the time and is fun to make.This is not just for kids though this can be fun and fashionable for someone of any age!