Picture Frame Chalkboards Here is an easy way to give your old boring picture frames new life. Add a pop of color to your frame and write messages or to-do lists inside of them! Follow the simple steps to make something old into something new and exciting!
- Chalk board paint or a can of chalk board spray paint
- An old picture frame
- A paint brushes
- A color of paint you want to paint your frame with
- Get a can of chalk board paint that you can find at a hardware store, paint brushes, and an old picture frame.
- Take out the glass of the frame because you won’t need it anymore.
- Take the back of the frame out and begin painting it with the chalk paint. Paint a few coats so it isn’t too thin.
- After you have finished painting the board, use your colored paint to freshen up the look of your frame and give it a pop of color, depending on the look you’re going for.
- When its dry, place the board back together with the frame
- Wait 24 hours to write on your frame because the chalk board paint takes a while to dry all the way through.
- Draw or write on your frame then decorate your room with your masterpiece!
I have done this project before and it was pretty easy! Make sure you paint in the same direction, because brush strokes that are going different directions are really noticeable. Also, it is really important to wait 24 hours before you write on it because if your paint is not dry all the way, it will mess up the paint. I like to write to-do lists on my frame but I have also decorated it for my room. If you enjoy this, i have seen people paint walls or closets with this paint and written on them. It personalizes your room and makes it different from other peoples. It is an easy and fun craft to do with your friends!